Monday, August 15, 2016

AWESOME week and a baptism

Hey y'all! I have some bad news--I've decided that I am never going to leave my mission. Haha! I'm going to stay here forever. Hopefully my mission president agrees ;) Too bad that will never happen...besides, my family would drag me home before I could do that! ;) This week was really great and everything worked out for us. We found a ton and taught a ton as well. Plus, I got to see my Mohawk friend from North Las Vegas get baptized this weekend! :)

We were finally able to see two of our investigators this week. He is still very week and she is overwhelmed, but we were able to have a good lesson with them and get her a blessing. Their baptismal date was set for this weekend, but he still isn't physically up to do it that soon. So they decided to do it my last Saturday in the mission, September 3rd. That will be a great way to end :) Like I have said before, it has been amazing to see their progress. For her to want a blessing is huge--she has been basically atheist her whole life so she has made some huge changes. I am so grateful to be a part of their process!

I was lucky enough to find a ride up to North Las Vegas on Saturday, and I was able to see our former investigator be baptized. Sister Loveless and I taught him back in December when we were in the YSA ward. His dad has worked for 11 months to become active, so he was able to baptize him. Plus, his mom has started taking the lessons, and they hope to be sealed in the Portland OR temple next year! Their story started 35 years ago when his dad was in the marines. He saw another person reading the Book of Mormon, and became interested in what it was. He was later baptized by that friend. See the difference that we can make when we share the gospel!

We found this mom and daughter, and they are wonderful! They were studying with another religion, and we're feeling really depressed by what they were hearing. It was not making them happy at all. So they decide to stop, but wanted to find a church to go to. We were walking
out of a lesson when we heard someone yell "Are you JWs? (Jehovah Witnesses)" We responded that we weren't, but that we could explain our message :) It was pretty cool to be street contacted by someone, and then to now be teaching them.

It was just a really great week here in Bullhead. The heat has gone up again, but we are still enjoying ourselves. I'm going to miss this so much..... I love having the opportunity to be a small part of God's plan for other people. Love you all very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment