Monday, August 8, 2016

A Week Full of Surprises

Hi everyone! I hope that you are all enjoying the summer, I bet it isa lot cooler where you are at ;) But this week, the weather cooled down for us a little bit, it was below 120! It's funny how anything
below 110 feels really good now. I'm going to freeze back in WA! We had lots of things happen this week that made the work more difficult, but others things that made it easier. Esta es la Vida ;) We also had
interviews this week with our mission president up in Kingman! But it was a good week overall :)

So for the not so fun surprises.... First off, we were visiting this sweet older lady in the middle week. As we were talking with her, she told of us of her trials she had recently going through, including having BED BUGS recently. AAAAHHHHH!! So as soon we ended our visit, we went to Walmart and bought some spray and sprayed everything that we possibly we could. So that was fun...no signs of bugs yet. Also, our car overheated while we were on exchanges. So currently I am writing this from the car dealership. This morning we had to get our
door and window fixed, nothing happened, it's just an old apartment. So hopefully we don't have many more of these kind of surprises!

For the good surprises! We are teaching this couple. When I first met them, I didn't think that they were going to be that interested. They just didn't seem like they were paying attention. But then they kept inviting us over and over again....this last lesson that we had, she told us that she is pretty sure that this is the
right path for her!! :) They have a 3 year old that makes it difficult to teach lessons, but every time we go over, he gets a little bit calmer...just the tiniest bit. But we were super excited that they are so interested. It amazes me every time!

Another good surprise was another lesson this week. We were trying to figure out how we could bring up baptism to one of our investigators again. Her parents are not very happy with her taking the lessons, so we were nervous that it would make her angry or overwhelmed to talk about baptism again. So we decided to talk about family history and temples. At the end, I felt prompted to talk about her currently family situation with her, and the promise that she now has the choice of having a future eternal family. She then started talking to us about her concerns with her family and baptism. It worked out perfectly. I keep praying that her families heart will be softened so that she can be baptized!

Something that I love about reaching the end of my mission is that I get to look back. I have been surprised at the changes that have happened within me, and how my testimony of the gospel has grown. I never thought that I could be so close to the Savior and Heavenly Father. A mission is difficult--I'm not going to lie. You will have
ups and downs. But it is all for your own good. Everything that I have experienced on my mission has just helped me to become the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be. Enjoy every minute that you are given. It is precious!

I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment