Monday, May 23, 2016

Watching for Small Miracles

This week was about the same sadly! If it's even possible, the work inour area slowed down even more this  than the last. At points it's really frustrating when nothing happens.... I think sometimes as missionaries, we expect immediate results because of our hard work and obedience. But life isn't like that; sometimes Heavenly Father gives us challenges when we are doing our best (actually, I think it usually happens that way, haha!). But, my attitude about what was going on changed. I realized that I could try to find the small things that were going right and make those my focus.

I was able to go on exchanges again with Sister Loveless at the beginning of the week. Remember that really cool referral, Mike, that we ended up sending to YSA? Well, I got to teach him twice on exchanges! He is progressing really well--he is what you would call a golden investigator! Sis Daulton and I came out of Pday sports around 5 pm. Mike was outside the chapel reading his Book of Mormon! The best part is that the lesson wasn't until 6 pm!!! :D In one of the lessons I taught him, we set him with a baptismal date for June 4th! He is awesome--The STLs have been keeping us updated on him, so it has been really exciting to see how he is doing.

We talked to so many people this week, it was insane. We talked to a whopping 97 people! As you all know, street contacting is not one of my strengths. I still feel like I am going to throw up on the person
every time we walk up to talk to someone. But I have been very proud of myself this week. Haha! I really tried to go out of my way to talk to people, even when it was especially awkward or weird. Luckily,
Sister Daulton has no trouble with being bold, so she will yell "HELLO!" From across the street. I will never be that bold, but she does awesome at it!

Our week was soooooo slow until Sunday, which is funny since that is usually a slow day for missionary work. We were able to find 3 new investigators :) One of them was really cool: We were trying this
house, and I felt prompted that we should try a potential that lived right next door after talking to the house we were knocking on. That door answered, and while we were talking, Sister Daulton left me and went to the door that I had felt prompted to knock on. The potential had walked out, and Daulton felt like she needed to talk to her right then. It was pretty cool!

That was our week! I really appreciate the constant prayers on my behalf. I know that I am never alone....
Heavenly Father and the Savior are always with me, especially when times are hard. Love you all!

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment