Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day and Food Poisoning

I can't believe another week has gone by already! It's been a crazy week with lots of changes and adjustments. It was completed with my last FaceTime call with my family. That is really weird to say. I remember my first Mother's Day and thinking that it would be forever until I saw my family again. And now, the next time I see my family will be in person. Time has gone by way too fast.

I was cleaning the house Tuesday morning in preparation for my new companion, when I get a call from another set of sisters in our zone. They told/warned me that Sister Daulton had food poisoning/stomach flu, and was throwing up. Poor Sister Daulton had begun feeling icky Monday night and didn't feel better until Thursday evening. It was a long start to week one. It's nice to be at home for about 2 hours and then you start going crazy with nothing to do.  There are only so many things that you can write in your journal. Or only so many Mormon Messages.

I was really grateful for the opportunity to serve Sister Daulton right off the bat. It is easy to feel Christ-like love for someone when you serve! I was really grateful for our ward members this week
as well. They were willing to bring me dinner, and also go on splits with me. I really appreciated all of the things they were able to help me with. It helped me not to feel so alone in all of it! I was also able to receive a priesthood blessing, which has really calmed me down with everything going on. I love that I have a ward family no matter where I go!

Sister Loveless was transferred to my zone and is my STL. :) We were able to go on exchanges this week, and it felt just like old times. I love that girl so much! She helped me through a lot and gave me the confidence that I needed going into the rest of the week. I'm glad I have my Washington buddy yet again :)

That was about it for the week since we were inside for most of it. Keep the prayers coming, I need as many as I can get! I love you all so very much :) "Keep the faith, the church is true!"

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment