Monday, May 16, 2016

Focusing on Others

This week was...... Challenging in many different ways. Our work here has really slowed down, and not much is happening, sadly. Our person with a baptismal date was evicted and her mom died, so the timing is not good right now. We have been finding, but a lot of our investigators haven't been keeping their commitments. I'm trying to remain positive and see what the Lord wants me to do here.

Miracle of the week: We got a referral from Mormon.org. The family members that he lives with are really against religion of any kind, so he asked to meet somewhere else. We were able to have a lesson with him at our church building, and he had tons of questions. I asked how he had found Mormon.org, and he said it had just popped up on his screen, so he decided to check it out. It's
interesting to see how Heavenly Father works. Sadly, he is YSA (Young Single Adult) age, so we had to pass him off to the sisters that cover that ward. But, he went to church on Sunday, so I'm excited to see how he continues to progress!

This transfer has definitely been different than the last, and I'm realizing that I need to change my focus from the area/key indicators to the ward and my companion. Our sacrament meeting this Sunday was all about service, and I felt impressed that I needed to focus on serving the ward and focus on the needs of my companion. Sometimes as missionaries, we get caught up in constantly asking the ward members for help, and not giving anything in return. I am totally guilty of expecting each ward to be the same and willing to do missionary work. So, I want to serve the ward, especially our Bishop.

I know that I am here in this particular area with my companion for a reason. I need to trust in Heavenly Father's plan. I have been really grateful for prayer these past two weeks--it is amazing that we are able to communicate with our Heavenly Father as much as we want each and every day. I'm grateful for all of your prayers on my behalf. Scripture for this week: 1 Nephi 3:7--" I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no
commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment