Monday, May 30, 2016

Trunky papers and a better week in Pueblo

This week went better! Yay! We were able to teach, find some new investigators, serve, and eat some BBQ ;) President said that I have been doing a really good job to help Sister Daulton. That was really nice to hear and reassuring. I was having a hard time this last Monday, so I was able to receive another priesthood blessing from a member in our ward. At the very end, it said that the Lord was pleased with my mission. It made my heart happy to know that :) ...sometimes I just need Heavenly Father to say things LOUDLY so that I can get it through my thick skull! ;)

So Trunky papers...dun dun DUN! Last Monday, I got the email asking for my departure information. NOOOOOO! We had interviews on Wednesday, and I told my President that I wanted to make the most of my last two transfers. I realized what I had just said, and then promptly burst into tears. It's really weird to think that I will be home in three short months. This has been my life for so long, that it is hard to imagine something else. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to see you all, but I'm going to miss here too!! So for all of you that just started, or feel like the mission is taking forever, trust me. It ends way too soon. Make the most of it!

One of the days this week (sorry, they all blend into one), I was getting super frustrated with everything that was happening. We had planned some people that I had already met and talked to, and wouldn't be home at that time anyways. Our appt fell through, and it was HOT! And I about broke my necklace. So yeah, I wasn't in the greatest of moods. I decided that we should just tract a street since there was no potentials on it. We did almost the whole street, and had time for one more door. This guy answered, and he didn't seem all that interested. We then started talking about the Book of Mormon, and his eyes lit up and said "Jesus
came to the Americas? Really?" Of course we get super excited, and we were able to set an apt with him for this week! It was really amazing that the Lord blessed us with a miracle, right at the end. It was like He was saying "You can do this!"

Our Bishop gave a really awesome lesson to all of the adults about Member Missionary work this Sunday. Can I get up on my soapbox for just a minute? If you aren't sharing the gospel as a member, you need to do it! There are no excuses, Heavenly Father has asked us all to participate! Something that really helped me was remembering that the invitation is the success, not what the other person says. So if you invite, then you succeed! As missionaries, we cannot do it alone. It is impossible! In our mission, it takes 45 new investigators to equal one baptism. That number goes down substantially if members are involved. At one point, it took 22 investigators for one baptism, and that's because the members were involved! Just do it! :)

Things are looking up here... I don't think it will ever be easy peasy, but there are definitely days that are easier than others. Just got to focus on all the good that is happening! I love you all so so so much :)

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment