Monday, March 28, 2016

Feliz Pascua y Bienvenidos a nueva area!

Hello Everyone! :) I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and were able
to reflect on the life of the Savior. As we were talking with people
yesterday, everyone kept saying "Come back a different day, it's
Easter today." I couldn't help but laugh--wouldn't Easter be the best
day to hear a message about Christ? ;) It was a pretty awesome week!
This area has so much untapped potential, and I am super excited for
this transfer.

Sister Greene is awesome! We have had such a fun time this week
together :) She is from Georgia, and has been out for 6 weeks. I am
follow-up training her; it is so fun to be  around some "greenie" fire
again :) We were able to find a lot of people this week and teach a
lot of lessons. She kept telling me "this never happens! Why is this
happening? This is awesome!" Though it is different than being a STL,
I love being in this area. I realized that I learned a ton from the
last two transfers, and I have been able to apply a lot of things. I'm
so grateful that I had the opportunity to be in leadership, and that
the Lord provided ways for me to improve and learn.

We had a baptism this Saturday! It was weird walking into one, but
luckily I was able to teach her a few times before the actual baptism.
Her name is Kerra, and she is a firecracker! She is 12, and has known
about the church for a long time. Her mom just starting coming back to
church, so Kerra expressed a desire to be baptized to the Sisters. The
baptism was very spiritual, and Kerra was so happy when she got out of
the water. She is going to be a great example to her family and
friends!

We had some crazy things happen as well....haha. It wouldn't be
missionary life without a little bit of that right? For one, we
totally confounded a bible basher, and he is one of our new
investigators! Whoop whoop! :) I hate bible bashers, and just usually
walk away, but he was being really nice about it....haha. We will see
how it goes this week! 2. When I met our new bishop, he said "Welcome
to the hood!" Hahaha! This is definitely not anthem anymore. 3. We had
to go rescue some sisters on a bike trail b/c one of them crashed. She
had to get 7 stitches in her foot (at least I got to practice some of
my nursing skills ;)).

I am happy and loving the new experiences. I can't wait to hear from
our Prophet this weekend. It's going to be great! I love you all :)

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment