Monday, April 4, 2016

Tan Lines, General Conference and Miracles!


Summer has come once again.....! The weather has been super bipolar lately with wind one day and then 80F the next! Sister Greene and I keep saying how hot it is....but I just keep remembering last summer.  We ain't seen nothing yet! But I'm attaching a picture of my ridiculous Tom shoe tan line....haha

Though its crazy to say, we had an even BETTER week than last! The miracles just keep coming and I keep praying that it never stops :)  We've been finding, teaching, learning, and having fun. It probably has been some of my favorite weeks of the mission so far. To add to it all, we had general conference, where we were able to hear from our modern day prophets. It was really good, and I was happy to receive a lot of guidance for the rest of my mission. I keep trying to convince myself that I am a young missionary. But I told an elder today how long I have left...and he told me that I was on my death bed. Haha!  I'm denying it ;)

So we found some super cool people this week. One, we met her son looking for her, and we shared about our message, and he invited us to come back. When we did, he wasn't there, but his mom was. At first, she had a lot of questions so we kept answering them with the Bible and the Book of Mormon. She invited us back and apologized for not having us sit down!! It was amazing to see the spirit change someone's heart so quick. The spirit was so strong, and it has to be one of most favorite experiences!

We are teaching one of our member's in home nurse. He served a mission with his wife, so he loves to share the gospel. He started reading the Book of Mormon with her (he had her read it to him ;)) and she really likes it! So we started reading more with her. This last week, we taught about General Conference, and how we receive the revelation that we need. She was really intrigued by that, and asked if she could write down more questions than just one :) she has such a great spirit about her....we are excited!

Well, I'm loving little O'l Pueblo and Sister Greene. Keep the prayers coming, cause they are definitely helping us out :) I love you all! We having a saying here that I will sign off with: Keep the faith! The church is true! ☺

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment