Monday, February 22, 2016

The fastest week ever!

I cannot believe that it is yet again Pday! The time is just flying by here in Vegas. Not a ton of stuff happened this week. I did leave my childhood behind and turned the big 20! It was weird not having a normal birthday with family and friends. I did enjoy being able to focus on others and I still enjoyed myself. It was a great day and start to our week.

Monday night I got a text from Sister Goddard saying that an investigator from Harmony Hills was getting baptized this Friday! An amazing member volunteered to drive us both to North Las Vegas to see his baptism.  None of his family was there, but his ward family all came to support him. It was so good to see him and everyone again. Sister Goddard and I realized that he was the very first lesson that Sister Goddard
taught on her mission! He is still the happiest kid ever, and loves the gospel. I am so happy that Heavenly Father made a way for him to get baptized.

We were teaching this sweet lady for these past two weeks. She has so much faith and just desires to do God's will. Shewill do anything to please God! Weird situation: she nannies in our area, but lives somewhere else. This week we were finally able to get her address, and she lives in the elders area. We had to pass her off :( She has a date for March 18th and went to church! The elders are super lucky :)

This area has been difficult in finding and teaching. Because we are in the richer part of Las Vegas, people don't always realize that they are lacking something in their lives. We meet wonderful people on the street that love and admire what we do, but don't want what we have. So, my goal this week to be grateful for what we have already and then be ready to do whatever Heavenly Father requires. I'm hoping to develop an "attitude of gratitude" to help me with whatever comes my way. I am optimistic for this week! Love you all!!

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment