Monday, February 8, 2016

La primera semana en Anthem!


Sister Loveless and I at the temple
This week has been kinda psycho! Transfers are always insane,especially when you get DT out and DT in to an area. My week started off with losing my wallet.... :( My poor new companion must of thought I was crazy, because I could not stop crying about it one morning. Haha :) Life happens though! I'm just happy that I didn't lose something more important like a journal or an IPad....!

So my new companion is Sister Porter. She is from Pocatello, Idaho. We actually came in together, but I go home before her since I spent a transfer at the CCM. We are having a ton of fun together! She is older than me, but has five younger siblings too! She has already taught me
a lot this week, and I am excited for this transfer with her!

DT are always crazy, but because everything is online now, we didn't have an area book or any information until Thursday morning! We have two wards, Inspirada and Madeira Canyon. They both go to church at the same time.....so we have to do splits for church. It's weird not having a companion. Haha! The members are amazing here though! We have relieved so many referrals from them, and they are ready and willing to help. We realized that missionary work here is going to be very different from the areas that we have served.....so we are trying to
brainstorm as many ideas as we can!

I got to go back to Pelican Creek for a baptism. It was so good to see the ward, Sister Loveless, and our investigator again. I already
miss them! It is always hard leaving an area. You get really attached as a missionary, since you are serving constantly. You get to feel a
different kind of love for those people you teach and serve. I can't wait to visit after my mission is over. :)

That was our week! It makes me tired just thinking about it. Haha :) We have some amazing investigators here and some great plans for the
future. I am sad that I had to leave North, but I know that Heavenly Father needs me here for some special reason. I'll just have to wait and see what it is! I love you all!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment