Monday, June 1, 2015

The week of miracles



A Las Vegas Sunset
This week has been AMAZING! My companion and I have truly seen the hand of the Lord in the work we have been doing. We have been blessed so much, and it has just been a fun week!

Tuesday we had a once in a lifetime experience. When you drive as a missionary, your companion has to help you back out of parking spaces. Sister Allen was backing me out when this car pulls up next to her and the guy says"Watch out! She is going to hit you!" He pauses and looks at her nametag and says "Can I have a Book of Mormon?". WHAT?!?! Turns out that his best friend just got back from serving a mission, and told him that he needed to study our religion. He watched Meet the Mormons at home and cried, and his martial arts teacher is Mormon too! He is planning to go to church this Sunday! We could not believe it. Sadly, he was english speaking, but it was still a miracle!

Splits with Sister Toyn
Our other miracle--We committed our investigator to baptism on Monday! We have been teaching him for a long time, and he was supposed to get baptized last month, but ended up being not ready for baptisim. Every visit we would ask him to pray about what date Heavenly Father wanted for him. Finally he did! He told us that he felt like God wants him to get baptized "pronto". The date is set for June 13th. That means we have four people set for baptism for June!

Next milagro: we found FIVE new investigators on Thursday!!!! Is that not incredible?! Three of them are family members. They kept asking us if it was ok for them to get baptized in our church, and how long it would take. I still cannot believe it. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much this week. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of us. He has a plan for me and for you. There can be so much joy in our lives if we follow the example of His son, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel because it brings me so much JOY!

We've had some pretty funny experiences this week too. My favorite: We saw this old lady taking out the trash, so we walked over to help. Turns out she was deaf and a little crazy. My compa was basically having to yell for her to hear what we were saying. She kept cutting Allen off by saying "Mande! Mande!" We tried to give her our card, and leave, but then she says "Venga! Venga!" So we go inside with her, and two people are sitting on the couch. Turns out they had just gotten broken into because this lady had left the door open. Missionary life can be so awkward. Haha!
Guess who's driving?!

I am loving missionary work! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! I am trying to be the best repersentative of Christ that I can be--sometimes it feels like I am no where near being a good one, but then I remember that God does not expect us to be perfect. Saints are sinners who keep on trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment