Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Earthquakes and Ipads!



Lemonade stand in Vegas

It has been one crazy week! We had so many meetings and activities, that this week flew by. It wasn't a super successful week, but I am feeling so much happier. I realized that this is the Lord's work, and I am trying my best to help it progress. Heavenly Father knows this, so He will be with me every step of the way. All of the trials in my mission will just help me appreciate the amazing times more! I have already learned so much, and it is because I have had hard times. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to go through the refiner's fire. 

We had a mission-wide conference on Wednesday to talk about iPads!! We did not receive them, and we have no idea when we will actually get them. But, we learned a lot about how this is just another resource to help us be even better missionaries. Our purpose is not changing--only our tools are. One of our speakers was from the First Quorum of the 70, Elder Clarke. He said that if we let this, this will change our eternity and the eternities of our future families. It was amazing to me how that iPads were a revelation for our mission! 

Our district
We commited one of our investigators to baptism this week! He is amazing! He has so much faith. He has read the Bible, and loves it so much, so it amazes me that he has no issue with the Book of Mormon at all. He loves it as equally as the Bible. We set his baptism for the 20th of June, and have another one set for the 13th. So exciting!!!! Also, one of the kids of our investigator wants to get baptized when she turns 8. She has been reading the BOM all by herself! 

Another amazing experience! On Sunday, none of our investigators showed up for Sacrament Meeting. But, about 3/4 way through, one of our investigator comes walking in! I thought we were going to have to stop teaching him, but Heavenly Father knew we needed to keep trying with him! Then, just as he sits down, our member that came out to one of our lessons with him, gets up from where he is sitting with his family, and sits with him. I was about to cry I was so happy! The Lord KNOWS what we need in every moment!!!

In and Out Burger.  Yum!
So we did have an earthquake here! We were in district council when the building started to shake back and forth. It was scary, but besides a headache afterwards, we were good! 

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I love and miss you all so much, but I know that the Lord wants and needs me here. The greatest joy comes from Missionary work, and I have felt that!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment