Monday, June 22, 2015

BAUTISMO!



That's right! We had a baptism this Saturday for our investigator!!! We thought that it might not happen because of different problems that came up. But Sister Allen and I prayed together and separate to know whether or not this was the right decision for him. We both felt that he was ready to be baptized on Saturday. His wife and two children came , and the Spirit was so strong! His wife gave the closing prayer, and it was the sweetest thing. She couldn't get through it because she was crying! We hope that her seeing the change in her husband will help her realize that she wants to be baptized also.

We had an AMAZING experience last night! We had about 30 min left in our day, and Sister Allen felt prompted to go visit a potential investigator. When we knocked on the door, a lady yelled "Who is it" And we asked for this person. She came out and said that he didn't live here anymore. She then asked us where we were from and why we were in Las Vegas. I responded that we were on missions! She said "Oh! Missionaries! Come inside!!" It turns out that she had been taught by missionaries before, but had lost contact with them for different reasons. She is at a really hard point in her life, and was just thinking about how she wanted the missionaries to teach her again. She will be taught by some Elders in our area since she speaks English, but it was a miracle nonetheless. The Lord knows what every single person needs and I was so grateful that she was put in our path!
 
We also had a Family History Fair this Saturday for all of the Hispanic people in the Las Vegas area! About 100 people showed up, and it was an amazing program. A rep from Salt Lake came down and taught how to make family trees and why we need to do family history work. I had the opportunity to look at pictures of my ancestors, and I could feel the Spirit and the love that Heavenly Father has for each of His children, living and past. I also am so grateful that families can be together forever. I do not know what I would do without mine!

I am so sorry, but there won't be any pictures this week. Hopefully next week I will be able to send some of our baptism! Other than that, I am loving Las Vegas, but not the heat!! Our car showed a 125F degrees the other day......don't worry, I am drinking tons of water!! Thank you for all your support and love!



No comments:

Post a Comment