Monday, June 29, 2015

Hot, Hot, Hot!



The heat has been unreal this week. Sister Allen and I literally feel like death every time we walk out of the door. It does not go below 90 at night, and by the time we leave our apartment every day its in the 110s. Our car the other day showed 130. It is crazy down here!

We have had so many lessons this week, it has been amazing! My second week here, one of our investigators scheduled for baptism, left for Virginia. He just got back this week, along with his granddaughter. He will be getting baptized this Saturday, and we are so excited!! The only hard thing is that he is Peruvian. I literally cannot understand a word he says to me. It just sounds like one long big sentence, and sometimes I can catch words here or there. His granddaughter is also being taught by us. She is ten years old and is smarter than a whip. I love teaching he, because she has absolutely no knowledge of any religion. Not even the Bible! It is really interesting explaining to a kid who Adam and Eve were--we have way too much fun teaching her!

I had the awesome opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Toyn in her English area this week. It was really weird teaching in English, but really fun too! We had a miracle lesson with some potential investigators. Sis Toyn had met them the week before when their keys had been locked out of their car. They forgot about our lesson, but still invited us in. They were so open to what we taught, and she told us that she could see how much we loved the gospel in every word we spoke. He said that is was definitely not a coincidence that we met them. I could feel the Spirit so strong, and I know that they could feel the Spirit testifying of the truthfulness of our words.

Some crazy things that happened this week......we got attacked by bats. Not really, but they were getting really close to our heads. There was about 5 or 6 of them flying really close to us. It was scary!! Also, we got chewed out by an old crazy man. He seemed really nice at first, and then just started spewing off all of this anti-materiel at us. We almost couldn't get away from him because he would not stop talking! He was still yelling at us as we walked away from him. Luckily, we hardly ever meet people like that and the things they say are hilarious. Last thing! Sister Toyn and I got hit on by an old guy. The perks of being a Sister missionary. Haha!
 
So even though I am dying from the heat, the success of our work has been making me feel amazing! There is nothing like seeing someone change after their baptism. Our recent convert is so HAPPY! Whenever we go see him, he just cannot stop smiling or laughing. It is amazing the difference. I can't wait to see that in hopefully his wife, and in others. Thank you for all of your prayers and love. I cannot express how much I appreciate them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment