Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Trials and Blessings


Riding our bikes!

This week has been difficult. Almost all of our appointments cancelled on us. We tried to get members to come out with us, but they also would call us and cancel. Plus, no one was at their homes when we would go contacting, and there were hardly any people on the streets. The Lord was definitely testing us this week. I could feel the refiner's fire a bit.
I love to see the temple!
The lessons that we did have went pretty well. One of our investigators was supposed to get baptized on Saturday. He missed church the week before, and missed an appt of ours last week, so it wasn't possible. He also let us know that he has been having problems with the Word of Wisdom. But, we were able to set up a priesthood blessing for him, and since then he has been able to stay away from beer and coffee. During one of his lessons this week, I felt really prompted to say certain things. That is always a really neat experience because in those moments, my Spanish flows perfectly, and the words always come to me of what I need to say. One of the many reasons why I love being on a mission!
Another one of our investigators  has gone to church the required amount of times to get baptized so we just need to teach her the last two lessons. On Sunday, she was really sick and called to let us know that she wouldn't be coming. After she hung up the phone, she felt that she really needed to go. So she ended up coming to church. It was amazing! She has so much faith and I cannot wait for her to have the opportunity to be baptized!
Seeing an old friend at the temple
We had a small miracle on Saturday. After our awful week of no one being home, we knocked on the home of a man who usually doesn't have time to meet with the missionaries, but he had ten spare minutes to meet with us. We were able to teach a short lesson and set up a return appointment for Wednesday. He received our message really well, and I am so excited to teach him in a few days!
I was able to talk to my family this Sunday. It was so awesome to be able to see their faces and to hear their voices again! I am so happy for the knowledge that families can be together forever! My family has brought me so much happiness and is so supportive. Why would I not want to be with them forever?
Although this week has been difficult, it will all be worth it in the end. The Lord did bless us with small miracles here and there, and I know he will continue to bless our area if we keep working hard. Missionary work is amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment