Monday, December 14, 2015

Transfers...... and a new calling



It's that time again! The stress of transfers has come all over again.

This one has been a little different for me. Friday night I received a call from our mission president. He has asked me to be a Sister Trainer Leader.  I was shocked to say the least. I am super nervous and feel very humbled by the calling. I haven't gotten much sleep this weekend, and I probably won't for the next week or so as I try to adjust.

My new calling brings some new responsibilities. There are about 12 of us in the mission, one for each zone. We go to trainings given by President, and then relay them to our zone. We also are in charge of any exchanges or splits for the sisters. We work with stake leaders and organize any conferences for our zone. I don't feel ready for the calling, but I guess Heavenly Father feels like I am.
 
I will be serving in a new area! I got in-zoned transferred, so I will still be in North Las Vegas :) But, I will now be covering two wards.  My new wards are Pelican Creek, and Northstar which is a young single adult (YSA) ward. So I get to cover the whole stake again!! Whoop whoop :) Family wards are just way smaller than what I am used to. And even though my mom won't like it, my area covers the ghetto again ;)  I am really going to miss Harmony Hills!  I will be covering my old stake though so I will get to see how things go.

We were able to do a ton of service this week. First one was at ThreeSquare, which provides meals for children in Southern Nevada. It was awesome! We were able to package 9000 dinners for kids. The other one was helping a woman in our ward who lives by herself. We helped her wrap all of her grandkids presents. It was super fun and she was so appreciative. The other project was helping a family wrap all of their cookies for families. They even g ave us a plate. :) All of the service projects just made it feel like Christmas. I loved it so much!

I am very nervous for the new calling, but I know that the Lord qualifies those He calls. I will need His support more than ever, but I know He will give me what I need. Thank you for all of the prayers and support. I will need it more than ever :) Les amo!!

Love,

Hermana Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment