Monday, November 16, 2015

No baptism....but another???



This week has been pretty eventful! We were blessed with lots of lessons and even some new investigators. I've decided to start praying to find and work in this area the way that Heavenly Father would have us do it. I feel like it has helped us a lot this week, and we have some new ideas of what to do for this following week.

Everything was ready for Jadon's baptism--the program, he was, the ward, etc. On Tuesday we got a text from his grandparents saying that they felt that he wasn't ready. iI guess his attitude and actions haven't been the best this past week. But, he is 11 and he is living in a very different environment than what he grew up in. The baptism is planned for this Saturday, but we aren't sure if it will go through or not. He will definitely get baptized soon, because he is so ready.
It was hard having that cancelled on us...I seem to have a string of bad luck with that! But we know that Heavenly Father has a plan for him and us!

The other baptism.....Erika committed to baptism!!!!!!!!! After seven long weeks of working with her, she finally decided that she is ready to take the next step. She knows for herself now that the church and the Book of Mormon are true. I am so happy for her! She has definitely been my hardest investigator to teach, just because she had so many questions and doubts. But, it made us work even harder to help her. A lot of the things that she deals with are things that I deal with, so helping her has helped me as well. She wants to be baptized before Christmas. I still can't believe it!

We had the opportunity to do some service this week. We street contacted this guy, and we tried giving him our card, and he said he would take it, but never use it. We then offered to do any yard work or service he had, and he actually took us up on our offer! No one ever does.... I think it may be the skirts that throw them off. ;) It was fun being able to serve, and he was very impressed by what we do.
He even bought us in and out as payment! Actions go a lot longer than words!

Some fun things: We had a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Veteran's day. It was all made so that diabetics could eat it.
"The Spirit of the Lord told me to put celery in my smoothie"--We heard an older lady say that to her friend.

Even though we didn't have a baptism, I know Heavenly Father is watching out for us. We have a lot of work to do in this area, and I am grateful that we are starting to see the fruits of our labors :) I hope you all have a wonderful week! Stay warm (it's freezing in
Vegas!) :)

Love, Hermana Erickson


No comments:

Post a Comment