Monday, December 28, 2015

¡Feliz Navidad y Año Nuevo!



These past two weeks have been crazy beyond belief. I just have no time to do anything because of everything else going on. I have never felt so exhausted!! It has been weird being an STL. I'm still on the fence about it. But I guess it is what Heavenly Father wants. I love my new companion, Sister Loveless (she is a Washingtonian too!) and our new ward, Pelican Creek, is awesome. I just wish I could be a normal missionary again at points....but this calling is pushing me to become better.

We had a baptism on Saturday! She is so awesome! The sisters from Pelican Creek did a great job of teaching her. We just came in at the end, for the last few lessons. But it was still really cool seeing another person be baptized. Her husband is a member, but hasn't been going to church for a long time. Hopefully her example will change that so that they can become an eternal family.

As in other news, we lost our other ward, Northstar YSA (Young single adult). When they redid the stake boundaries, that ward got moved into another stake. That stake just so happens to be in the other mission.
So, everything we do there doesn't count for our mission, but for the west. President wants us to give everyone over, which is upsetting.  There is so much work to be done in that ward! Our ward mission leader doesn't agree, so he is requesting a meeting. We will see how it goes!

Christmas was really good, just so different from what I am used to. I did have a wonderful time though, and loved every single gift I received. (Thank you so much to everyone!!!!). We spent the day with members, so it was very relaxing. Having a Christmas away from family made me realize what the true gift is. I am so grateful to know I have a Savior who loves me and knows what I am going through. I definitely would not have been able to go through my trials without Him. I am honored to be one of His representatives right now. :)



That's been the past two weeks! It is crazy to me that we are starting a new year already. This one has been awesome, filled with amazing memories. I am excited for what the next one brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment