Monday, September 28, 2015

Dad.... Mom.... I'm having a baby (missionary)


I love the temple!

That's right. I just got a call from our mission leaders telling me that I am training.  I will be going to North Las Vegas in an ENGLISH area.  The Lord must want me there, but I am so sad to leave. Sister Gregson is training here in Los Feliz.  I literally feel like throwing up all over the computer...but I will survive. Eventually! 

This week went really awesome! We have had some awesome lessons.   I love our investigator so much! She is one of those people that has been prepared by the Lord for the gospel right now.  She loved church and she had tons of questions for us. I am excited to hear how her lessons continue to go! 

Breaking the sugar fast
We received  a referral from some English sisters for another lad. They weren't even able to talk to her, but they called us and had us set up an appointment over the phone. The lesson went AMAZING! as we were sharing the lesson, she stopped us and said that she was feeling something different... a different kind of peace.  I am so excited to see what the future has in store for her.

El distrito
There is this less-active that we have been working with this whole transfer. She has a really rough family life at the moment, and she doesn't have a ride to church. She just got baptized, so we have been seeing her a lot to make sure she is doing good. She hasn't come to church all, but she came to church yesterday and to the women's conference. She looked so happy and like the weight of the world was off of her shoulders. I think reactivating is just as satisfying as a baptism. It was amazing to see the change in her whole appearance after being at church. 

Me encanta el templo
Funny experiences of the week:  One of our investigators was talking about how he had been making homemade tortillas, and he asked if I was hungry. I said sure, but then he went and bought me tacos on Sunday....they luckily did not poison me. Haha! I also got to go to a wedding for our investigator Angelica! It took like 5 minutes but it was definitely awkward...but hey! Now she can get baptized :) 

I am so so so so sad to be leaving Los Feliz. I am trusting in the Lord that He knows why I need to go English. I hope I do a good job training as well. I know that Heavenly Father will help me out. Continue with those prayers because I will need them!




No comments:

Post a Comment