Monday, September 21, 2015

Crazy Adventures!



At the top of Sunrise Moutain
 This week has been full of weird stuff. It has definitely kept us on our toes! We are now feeling really comfortable here in Los Feliz, and are starting to find new investigators. I am shocked that it is already week 6 of the transfer and that Saturday I will know whether we are staying together or not. I really love the members and our investigators here, so I don't want to leave! 

Last Monday, we were invited to eat with an investigator. When we got there, they had Horchata (a milk drink) waiting for us. They said it had been sitting out for a little bit, but they added some new milk, and the Dad was drinking it down. We drank some and it tasted great! After we left though, we both started feeling a little queasy...turns out the milk was bad. Poor Sister Gregson almost threw up on a street contact! We were fine by the next day, but let me tell you--Rotten milk is no fun. 

The Las Vegas Valley
Also, all day Saturday, Sister Gregson's face was swollen and hurting. We had called our mission doctor, but he said everything was fine. Later that night, she started having trouble swallowing. We landed in the ER (in the West mission!!) since all of the Urgent Care was closed. They gave her some meds, and then she was fine, but we were there until 1 in the morning. We were dead on Sunday. It was entertaining to watch all of the crazies though! 

Hiking together
We have found an AMAZING investigator this week. She is truly prepared for the gospel! When the Elders first started meeting with her a few years ago, she just didn't feel ready.  So, she stopped taking the lessons, until we came along! We have lists and lists of people, all in different areas. So when we plan each night, we really try to listen to the Spirit according to who and where we need to visit. We picked her name out of everyone we had! We have had three lessons with her in one week, and she came to church on Sunday.  I am so excited about her progress and her faith. The funny thing is...we teach her in English! She will not be going to Los Feliz, but she asked us to teach her instead of the elders ;). 

She's trying to switch me to Auburn  :)
We have had some really spiritual less-active visits this week. Both of the families are going through really hard times, and are struggling emotionally. Each family feels like they are alone and that they don't have the support they need. I have felt like that a lot on my mission. Yes, I have a companion and a family, but I really struggle with feeling alone at points. I have had to learn how to rely on Heavenly Father more than ever. I really feel like because I am learning that lesson currently, I was really able to connect with these two families, and express to them how much our Heavenly Father loves them. When we go through trials, there is always and equal and positive reaction to it. Because I have gone through what I have, I am better able to help others on the way. 

I am really trying right now to live in my mission and not on the sidelines. I think sometimes we get so distract by life or the end goal that we miss what is going on around us. I am definitely guilty of that, so I am trying appreciate the time I have here on my mission.  I am loving it here and I am excited for the week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment