Monday, July 13, 2015

Start of Transfer 4



This week has been awesome, but insanely crazy at points. We had transfers on Tuesday, which took all day long. I don't know how many times I had to help unpack a car that day....my arms were killing me by the end of it all. It was bittersweet leaving Sister Allen--I was really sad to see her go, but excited to meet Sister Cordova. Sis Cordova is amazing! She has been out for 13 months and is from Texas. She did not know any Spanish before she came out on her mission, but her Spanish is amazing now! I am having so much fun with her. She really has pushed me this week to become better and to work harder. Especially in street contacting! Haha :)
We have been teaching one investigator all of this week. He is so prepared for the gospel. When we were teaching him about the Plan of Salvation, he said that there was no way it couldn't be true, or all of this life would be a joke. Wow! He was supposed to get baptized on the 18th, but when we brought it up to him two lessons ago, he did not remember that we had committed him to baptism. Neither Sis Cordova or I were there for that lesson, so it was super awkward that he forgot! But, he will be getting baptized on the 25th. I am so excited for his baptism!
Last night I had a super amazing experience with listening to he promptings of the Holy Ghost. We had met a lady on Saturday, that I felt really prompted we should go back and visit her yesterday. When we had met her the first time, her daughter opened the door. When she came to the door to see who it was, she said that her daughter never answers the door, that she is too afraid to do so. That was a really big testimony to me that Heavenly Father wanted us to teach her! But, she couldn't set up a return appointment with us because of work. Sunday night, I could not get her out of my head, and I felt like we should change our plans to go see her. When we got there, she was home, and we were able to talk to her!!!! We have an appointment with her for this Friday--I am so excited!
We are still teaching the 10-year-old from Virgina. Sad news is that her dad still has not given permission for her to be baptized. We aren't quite sure what to do yet. Her baptism is set for the 25th, but without permission, we can't go forward. It makes me really sad because I know she has such a big desire to be baptized! I was definitely not at that place when I was 10. It is crazy to me that she chose to meet with the missionaries on her own. We are praying so hard that her dad will give her permission so that she can have the happiness we have!
This has been such a fun crazy week, and I am excited for the next five with Sister Cordova! Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I know I say it each week, but I am truly grateful for each of you. I am more than surviving here--I am loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment