Monday, July 20, 2015

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times......



It has been one heck of a week. Probably one of the craziest I have had so far. It was a great week numbers wise--tons of lessons, 8 new investigators, etc. But every single day something went totally wrong. Satan is working on us hard because we are working hard! There have been so many blessings this week though, that all of the hard times just make me laugh. Let me explain :) 

Our investigator....passed his baptismal interview with flying colors! He was supposed to get baptized on the 18th, but forgot that he had that baptismal date. He was a little unsure at the beginning of the week if he still wanted to be baptized or not. His doubts were stemming from the decision to serve a mission. I know that sounds weird--his aunt kept telling him how wonderful of a missionary he would be after his baptism. I think it freaked him out a little bit! But, we told him to forget about serving a mission, and just to pray about baptism. We had a lesson with him Friday, but he wasn't there so his aunt called him for us. She put him on speaker and he said "me voy a bautizar" which means "I'm going to be baptized!" We all started to scream we were so excited! Our district leader said that his interview was the smoothest one he has ever done. Hehas no doubts about anything. It is amazing to see someone so prepared by the Lord for baptism! 

On Monday we met an amazing new family. They just moved here from Cuba--they have been living in the US for about 3 months. They decided to move here for the future of their child, but it has been a difficult move. They had to leave everything behind, and start all over again. We got the referral from a doctor of the family. It was a very powerful lesson. They have very little knowledge of religion--they secretly taught each other what they knew about the Catholic religion, since Cuba outlawed religion. They were amazed to here all of the things we taught them. I started to cry during the lesson because it was so sad to me that they haven't had the freedom I have had. This gospel is everything to me--it is where all of my happiness has come from, and I can't imagine not being able to practice it. I cannot wait to teach this family again! 

One of our investigators is finally progressing. She wasn't reading her scriptures or praying, so we thought we were going to have to stop teaching her. I am not sure what changed, but now she reads the scriptures and prays every day! She says that every day she prays that her dad will let her be baptized. I love teaching her because we have to teach everything so simply. It is amazing to me how mature she is. I definitely was not reading the BOM at age 10. We aren't sure when she will be able to be baptized, but we have decided to continue teaching her. 

Some of the crazy things that happened this week--my companion rolled her ankle while trying to street contact someone. We were biking at that point, so our car was a few blocks away. That was fun getting back to the car. Also, we tried biking to church, but her dress got caught in the gears and ripped. Maybe we should stop biking? But we love it too much not to! Also, she has been asked to be a Sister Trainer Leader. We will probably be together for only this transfer.....I am so sad!!!! She is helping me become a way better misionera. 

 Well, even though it was absolutely insane this week, the Lord showered blessings on us. It made it all worth it. I am loving the work down here and I love being the a small part of the Lord's work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment