Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hola Hola from the CCM!



This has definitely been on of the longest weeks of my life! I have never experience something so hard but so rewarding all at once. I love that I feel the Spirit every day, but it has been hard getting used to the rigorous schedule. 

Our flight had about 40 missionaries. We all sat next to each other, which was so nice, because everyone was feeling what I was at that moment!!It took us about 2 hours to get through customs and immigration, and to wait for everyone to get there. We took a bus ride through Mexico City for about 45 minutes. The campus is smack dab in the middle of the City, so we hear crazy things like cannons, sirens, gunshots, etc! We had a few intro meetings, then we got to have dinner, and go to bed. 


I got sick the second day from the food, so I could not eat anything until Friday afternoon! Thursday was a bunch of meetings which totally killed me. I just wanted to sleep all day! We did get to meet our teacher and district. My teacher is awesome, and talks in Spanish basically the whole time. But, there is no such thing as a intermediate class. I am either with the Americans, or the Hispanics. Obviously I have to be with the Americanos, so that means beginner. I want to scratch my eyes out when learning about gender or the difference between ser and estar. But, the students ask me for help, so I get to teach mini classes at night. 

Friday was our actual first day. We study for about 4-5 hours a day of just the gospel, and then 3 hours or more of language. We also have class! We taught our first investigator that day. My companion and I were nervous out of our minds. But, we did pretty good for it being our first time in Spanish without help. Our investigator is really nice though. He is very patient with us, and speaks slowly enough for us to understand him. 

We have taught him two more lessons, all in Spanish. I honestly feel like the Spirit helps me speak, because I know there is no way there I could be doing this by myself. Those next two lessons went great--I was able to bear my testimony, and it was so powerful, even though it was so simple, 3rd lesson we were able to answer his questions! It was AMAZING!! 

Sunday was so spiritually filing. They have relief society and district meetings in English, but sacrament in Spanish. Everyone is our district has to prepare a talk, and then the brach presidency russian roulettes who speaks. I did not have to speak but.....I got called to be a Sister Trainer Leader!!! I know nothing...!! Obviously Heavenly Father knows me way better then myself. 

We also got to listen to President Holland and his talk was just what I needed. He said you better have one convert on your mission, and that better be you. It made me really think about how I need to improve on my faith and my conversion. I am so glad that I have this opportunity to become closer to God! 



I am having a great time, even though it is so different from what I thought it would be. I love that I feel the Spirit constantly, and I cannot wait to be out in the field sharing what I know. Maybe not quite yet--I need to be fluent!! Ha ha. I've realized though that we need to stop making the gospel so complex--the Spirit speaks better when we put it into simple terms. I know I have felt the Spirit more when I just say what I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment