Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hoy, El CCM. Manaña, ¡Las Vegas!


Our Despidida Foto

It is not possible! How has six weeks passed by already? I cannot believe that tomorrow I will be getting on a plane to fly to my mission. I don´t think it will feel real until I see my mission president. I really hope the rest of my mission does not go this fast! I don´t want it to end that soon!! 

My ankle is doing so much better! I have been walking since Friday, and I barely feel any pain anymore. I would have liked to have used the wheelchair a little bit longer, but a few people in my district had too much fun with it, and it got broken! Thank you for all of your prayers on my behalf. The power of prayer is real, and I have felt it especially this week. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father has given us a way to communicate with Him, and that He wants us to pray to Him daily. It really testifies to me the amount of love that God has for each and every one of us. 
With the only teacher who could hug us!

I had the awesome opportunity to teach a family during TRC this week. There were three little kids and the mom. They were all so sweet, and I could feel the spirit so strong while I was with them. Each of the kids were absolutely amazing--they said their favorite part about church was the Sacrament! It made me miss my siblings so much, but it made me even more excited to go out into the field. Our church is centered on families, because we know they can be eternal. I cannot wait to teach that knowledge and to give that joy I have to others!

Yesterday was our last day with our Elders and our teachers. It was very bittersweet. My teachers have helped me so much. I have become a better teacher, missionary, and person because of their love and help. My testimony has grown leaps and bounds from the time I arrived here. Our Elders have become my brothers, and it was very hard to say goodbye to them. Each of us hermanas had the privilege of receiving a blessing from our Elders. I love priesthood blessings--it is a unique opportunity to receive counsel and guidance from my Heavenly Father . 

Our Zone
Last tidbit of the day. In Relief Society, we listened to a song called "Through Heaven´s Eyes" from the Prince of Egypt. A line really stuck out to me: "How can you measure the worth of man from what he builds or buys....you can never see through the eyes of man, you must look at your life through heaven´s eyes". I never planned to go on a mission, but God knew I needed to. When we look through God´s eyes, we can see our true worth and our potential. I have been able to see that for myself, and for others as a misionera. I know that God loves and knows me personally. He wants the best for me and for every person. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to help others see themselves through heaven´s eyes. 
!Hasta Luego, CCM!

This next week will not be easy or perfect, but it will be worth it. I am finally going out to do the Lord´s work, and nothing could bring me more happiness or excitement!  

--
Love,

Hermana Erickson







No comments:

Post a Comment